From an attendee, participant and speaker — i.e., Dave Jackson from The School of Podcasting — we deliver a discussion of his perspectives of the recent Podfest conference in Tampa, Florida, and the value that this event delivered to the attendees and speakers. We get this dialogue direct from the event venue over the phone. Dave informs us of the conference structure, the attendees, the exhibitors, topics and the networking…and much more. We even discuss whether this conference may become a key, big event for podcasters.
We recorded this over the telephone with Dave’s audio coming from the speakers of an iPhone, as Skype(R) was giving problems and was unreliable. Thus, the quality coming from Dave is not the same as ours (since our end of the recording was on a set of Zoom(R) condenser mics). We apologize for that, but we had to make concessions with the tools that we had — especially with Dave in a mobile environment at the venue just after the conference program wrapped up and finished.
One other note: we purposely left the entire discussion UNEDITED — so that you can hear the natural discussion without any artificiality. Well, is that not how a “podcast reporter” should deliver the happenings and perspectives to you, the audience?
As you will hear in this audio podcast, topics that we discussed were following:
– the venue and its suitability for this second annual event;
– the structure: one main ballroom (a single “tract”) for the entire 3 days, instead of multiple sessions running concurrently;
– the estimate of attendees and who they were (i.e., aspiring podcasters, current podcasters, etc.);
– the topics that stimulated interest, excitement, passion and discussion — e.g., monetization, niche areas of passion, etc.
– the exhibitors — who they were, the value delivered to the attendees and the areas they covered;
– the NETWORKING and the buzz during the event, especially in the area of possible partnerships, projects and joint ventures;
– and finally, Dave’s perspective of the possible growth of the event — especially a question of: will this event grow to be the podcast conference for the first half of the year? (even superseding NMX?)
– the 2 announcements at the beginning of the interview: (1) Dave Jackson has adopted the title of PODCAST MENTOR; and (2) in March, 2016, Dave will be an employee of Libsyn. We wish him well.
You can contact Dave at:
(a) web site and flagship podcast at: www.schoolofpodcasting.com; or
(b) via email at dave @ schoolofpodcasting.com [to avoid spam]
Copyright (c) 2016, Matrix Solutions Corporation and Dave Jackson. All rights reserved.