Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: iTunes | Android |
After having to go on a business trip that took over a week, I apologize to my listeners for my forced absence, and thus not publishing an episode before episode 40 (which was repurposed from an interview I did with Adam Curry).
In this episode, we discuss and bring you up to date with 4 key topics:
(1) The Academy of Podcaster Awards (and point you to an earlier episode where we interviewed Gary Leland, who gave us the details of this and the Hall of Fame);
(2) The first 2 inductees to the Hall of Fame for Podcasters — i.e., ADAM CURRY and Leo LaPorte;
(3) The availability of PODCAST ALLEY at New Media Expo in April, 2015 (i.e., what it is and where to go to sign up for free);
What we had planned to bring to you as an additional report was the topic of Twitter Bombing. However, this topic was completely and very well covered by both Dave Jackson in his School of Podcasting podcast episode, as well as Rob Walch in the podcast called The Feed. Thus, we will not re-invent the wheel, and we will cover bumpers for podcasts instead.
(4) The importance of Bumpers for your podcast episode, including:
– a Bumper for one of my podcasts, the Struggling Entrepreneur, by Leo LaPorte; and
– a discussion on bumpers from Tee Morris, from his Podcast show episodes of Podcasting for Dummies — the Companion Podcast– with written permission from Tee Morris and Evo Terra, the authors of the original paperback book..
The reason why this podcast show is important is that Wiley Publishing, Inc., who owns the intellectual property for the DUMMIES series, saw success in this free companion podcast (which is still in iTunes(R) today) that they had another printing of the original 2006 book, originally titled as Podcasting for Dummies, as well as a follow-on book called Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies. The original artwork is well known, and the companion podcast image in iTunes uses the same logo, but with the subtitle as “The Companion Podcast.” We thank Wiley Publishing, Inc., for their foresight and vision in fostering the creation of this companion podcast show and the publishing of these 2 books for the Podcasting Community, as well as their success for these published content pieces.Copyright (c) 2006-2015, Wiley Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.
You may contact Tee Morris via email at [tee @ teemorris.com] (to avoid spam)
You may contact Evo Terra via email at [evo @ shevo.wtf] (to avoid spam)
Copyright (c) 2015, Matrix Solutions Corporation, Tee Morris and Wiley Publishing, Inc. Podcasting for Dummies and Expert Podcasting Practices for Dummies are trademarks and/or registered trademarks of Wiley Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved.