In this episode of Podcast Reporter, we deliver some lessons learned after being a podcaster for over 10 years of podcasting. Even though these half-dozen lessons learned deal with negative impacts to both your podcasting and your business, we do plan to have a future episode to deal with the POSITIVE IMPACTS to your podcasts.
We deliver these lessons learned from our own experience, with the hope that some of our listeners can understand the impact, as well as recognize the symptoms and environment — so that they can avoid the problems and prevent the negative impact to their own podcast and environment.
As you will hear in this audio episode, the six lessons learned that are discussed in detail (as well as the view of WHAT YOU CAN DO TO AVOID THESE NEGATIVE IMPACTS) are:
- Typos, misspellings, errors that may be unrecoverable, if you have a third party with sloppy habits to which you outsourced;
- Having a delay after you announce and launch a premium podcast course or product, where your buzz, promotion, excitement and marketing slowly fizzles away;
- Relying on a third party for sales, returns, payments and delivery of your premium content;
- Unplanned and/or unforseen changes in the technology, products, marketplace, new media types or “shiny new objects” that can distract your prospects and cause lost sales (e.g., the iPhone);
- Experiencing a potential JV partner situation where the prospective partner takes your content, your idea and your details of your launch and announcement, then betrays you by announcing his product or program with your idea and becomes key competition to lure away your prospects and customers that you have built up for this situation;
- Being a victim of malware vulnerability and negative impacts where your podcast site turns away prospects for listeners and subscribers — sometimes may lead to having you shut down a podcast show. We did mention Scott Johnson of www.pctutorflorida.com for some back-catalog podcast episodes that dealt with malware and what you can do to protect yourself.
Note: we will deliver an episode in the near future that will deal with other LESSONS LEARNED THAT DELIVERED POSITIVE IMPACTS TO YOUR PODCAST AND BUSINESS.
Copyright (c) 2016, Matrix Solutions Corporation. All rights reserved.