This episode is an interview with Dave Jackson, the new Director of Podcasting for the New Media Expo (NMXLive.com) about the criteria for submitting speaker proposals for the upcoming 2015 conference.
Especially now, with NMX being in the same conference as the NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) show, it is possible that many more requests, applications and proposals to be a speaker at this event will be submitted by many podcasters.
As you will hear in this episode, Dave delivers (in a candid interview) his criteria to help podcasters become more successful in submitting quality proposals for this event in the Podcast track. Among them are:
– Have great “take-aways” that include good strategies, proof points, cases-in-point, and actionable information;
– Provide new information by avoiding “re-runs” of prior presentations that were made recently at other events like NMX 2014, Podcast Movement, Podcasters Summit, etc.
– Submit your proposal, even if your topic is in a niche or different genre — as all will be considered, both professional and hobby podcasters;
– Be prepared to be considered as a backup or alternate speaker if you are not selected to be one of the main sessions of limited electives;
– Start working on your presentation NOW, as Dave will be following up with the speakers chosen to make sure that they are going to deliver great content;
and there are other criteria, hints and tips.
Dave will try to ensure that the best content is provided and the best value is delivered to the NMX/NAB attendee and the virtual ticket holder that will consume the content.
(1) Please submit your proposals directly to the web site at www.NMXLive.com, and NOT to Dave directly, by NO LATER THAN 24 OCTOBER 2014 — this is a HARD DEADLINE.
(2) Dave’s contact information is located at www.SchoolofPodcasting.com, if you are willing to offer assistance or help to Dave in his management of the Podcasting track.
Copyright (c) 2014, Matrix Solutions Corporation. All rights reserved.