In this episode, we ask the question of the Podcast conferences for this year — not only for planning, budgeting and focus issues — but also if this is, indeed, a “Brave New World” in podcasting conferences (to use the borrowed phrase from A. Huxley and his book).
As you will hear in this audio episode, what brought about this topic for us was the post that Jeffrey Powers included in the google+ community stating that a malware advisory (that has now turned into a blocked page and alert) was being delivered at the NMX site.
And just before posting this episode, we did, indeed, confirm the advisory and warning about malware on the NMX2016 site. Very sad to see that.
So, in this episode, we review the 4 different major Podcast conferences for 2016:
2. Podcast Movement 2016 from 6-8 July in Chicago;
3. LA Podfest in the September-October time frame in Southern California;
4. New Media Expo 2016 — originally and tentatively scheduled from 18-21 April in Las Vegas. Note that this event was originally scheduled to be once again held along with the National Association of Broadcasters Show (i.e., NAB Show).
There is uncertainty and doubt about the present and future of NMX — especially with the event having been scheduled to begin in less than 2 months from the publication of this episode.
But the main reason for exploring this question is that, as podcasters (or aspiring and potential podcasters) who wish to get value from these conferences, we need to:
– Plan our schedules for attending inbound in-person events;
– Plan our travel, including costs;
– Plan and confirm our budgets for these live events;
– Plan our CONTENT before, during, and after these events — especially if the content focuses on the value or results of attending the conferences;
– Plan our messages that we may deliver to our audiences of the value received from being involved in one of these conferences.
Perhaps we will know more after the Tampa, Florida, event — especially if Dave Jackson provides an episode in his podcast which will deliver a good review of Podfest Florida (and the value it could bring to the podcaster, the exhibitor, and those who networked).
Copyright (c) 2016, Matrix Solutions Corporation. All rights reserved.